Deep Roots, Broad Horizon
We’re a proudly independent Catholic school in the West Village. We draw inspiration from a renowned educational tradition and from the energy and creativity of our families, our neighborhood, and our city.
The Academy of St. Joseph empowers and challenges pre-kindergarten through eighth grade students to become their best selves with a curriculum based on the arts, sciences, and humanities supported by the values of the Catholic Church.
The Academy fosters the intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical development of students, which instills in them the highest standards of character, competence, and compassion in a joyful, welcoming community.
The Academy creates a strong foundation for students to become lifelong learners, responsible citizens, and effective leaders as they embrace and enhance the global society that they will one day lead.
Our Core Beliefs
At the Academy of St. Joseph, we believe that:
- The nurturing of the whole child is essential to the development of future global citizens of character, competence, and compassion.
- Early learning experiences establish the foundation for the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and values that will enhance later learning and behavior.
- Children thrive in a learning environment that meets their individual needs and encourages respect for the individual and the community.
- Teaching is about inspiration and creating the possible. Our teachers are driven by the privilege of making a difference in the lives of our students. They are patient, encouraging, respectful, and enthusiastic.
- It is imperative that our teachers integrate the tenets and values of Christianity into their teaching.
- Respect is the foundation of all interactions. Our students will embody the message of our school pledge by being responsible for their actions, showing respect to all people, and making good choices.
- A strong relationship between our school and our families is directly correlated to student success.
Our School Motto
Character. Competence. Compassion.The motto of the Academy of St. Joseph reflects the qualities and characteristics that are at the core of our mission. We seek to foster character, competence, and compassion in every student. Our goal is to provide an environment in which every child can experience the joy and love of learning and gain knowledge for the enrichment of themselves and of others. We lead by example and teach our students to exceed all expectations. Together, “We will not rest until our good becomes better and our better best.”
Our School Pledge
The Academy of St. Joseph is a community
growing in character, competence, and compassion.
We live this out by showing respect to all people,
by being responsible for our actions,
by showing reverence, and
by making the right choices.
We begin this today.