"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
-- Anne Frank
The Academy of St. Joseph is committed to a set of core values and beliefs that bind our community together and offer a rich, vibrant, and balanced educational experience for all students. By working in collaboration with families, we develop students who will embody our Mission as people of character, competence, and compassion.
Our learning environment fosters our values. In doing so, they demonstrate that they can analyze synthesize, and access information, articulating their ideas with confidence. They think independently, clearly understand their own values, are receptive to the contributions of others, and demonstrate resilience and commitment as they pursue their individual interests and talents.
At the Academy of St. Joseph, we believe that:
- The nurturing of the whole child is essential to the development of future global citizens of character, competence, and compassion.
- Early learning experiences establish the foundation for the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and values that will enhance later learning and behavior.
- Children thrive in a learning environment that meets their individual needs and encourages respect for the individual and the community.
- Teaching is about inspiration and creating the possible. Our teachers are driven by the privilege of making a difference in the lives of our students. They are patient, encouraging, respectful, and enthusiastic.
- It is imperative that our teachers integrate the tenets and values of Christianity into their teaching.
- Respect is the foundation of all interactions. Our students will embody the message of our school pledge by showing respect to all people and by being responsible for their actions and making good choices.
- A strong relationship between our school and our families is directly correlated to student success.