"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
-- Anne Frank
The Academy of St. Joseph is committed to a set of core beliefs which define and bind the community together to create an enriched, vibrant and balanced educational experience for all students. We believe that by working together we can develop students who will embody our mission as people of character, competence, and compassion.
Our learning environment is one that fosters this mission in every student. A students who uphold this motto is one who can analyze, synthesize and access information. He/she is able to articulate his/her ideas with confidence. The students is able to think out of the box, have a clear understanding of what he/she values, discern his/her individual interests and talents and have the discipline and commitment to pursue them.
We believe that:
- The nurturing of the whole child is essential to the formation of what it means to be a person of character, of competence, and of compassion.
- Children thrive in learning environments that meet their developmental needs and that provide a respectful and nurturing environment.
- Early learning experiences establish the foundation for the acquisition of knowledge, skills and values that will affect later learning and behavior.
- Teaching is about inspiration. It is oriented to the future and all that is possible. Our teachers are passionate about learning, driven by the privilege to make a difference in the lives of their students. They are patient, encouraging, respectful and enthusiastic. Our teachers integrate the tenets of Christianity into their teaching.
- Respect will always be the foundation of all interactions. Our students will live out our school pledge by showing respect to all people, by being responsible for one’s actions, by showing respect, and my making right choices.
- A strong family-school partnership is directly correlated with student success.